Facing the Pacific Ocean lays the Choco rainforest. Its basins in the San Juan and Atrato rivers are on the list of areas with the greatest biodiversity in the world, with 400 bird species living in this 131,707- ocres reserve Every year between June and November, this place welcomes humpback whales and sea turtles that visit the country as part of their migration from the South Pole to mate in Colombia’s waters.
The Utria Natural Park has an inlet where humpback whales arrive to give birth to their calves, and people can enjoy the first leaps of the baby whales.
- The temperature ranges between 29 – 30 degrees Celsius
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothes to walk and protect you from the sun, you will also need a bathing suit and clothes that can get wet
- Carry Sun Protection
- You must use shoes with grip and that can get wet
- You must carry a thermos or canteen, it is forbidden the entrance of plastic and disposable bottles
- Hats and caps are a good idea for the sun
- You will be in the jungle, you will need repellent
- Do not forget your sunglasses
- We take care of nature! Do not take pollutants
- It is recommended to be vaccinated 10 days before against yellow fever